Borel Fils & Cie
The "Borel Fils & Cie" watch company was established by watch maker Jules Borel in 1856 in Neuchatel, Switzerland. In 1859, along with his brother-in-law, Paul Courvoisier, Borel established the "Borel-Courvoisier" watch company. They won several awards in the late 19th century including first place in the 1866 Neuchatel observatory timing accuracy competition.
In 1898, Jules' son, Ernest Borel, took over the company, and he formally changed the name to "Ernest Borel & Cie" the following year. Ernest Borel was the leader of the company until 1936, when his son, Jean-Louis Borel, succeeded as the manager of the company. Jean-Louis Borel managed Ernest Borel up to 1975, when it was bought by the firm Aubry Frère S. A. The company was sold to a Hong Kong based company in 1989.
Caliber: Swiss Year: 1920s Notes: Sterling silver case, sterling silver bracelet